Long enjoyed in Asia for their health-promoting benefits, the smoky, rich flavor of shiitake mushrooms is becoming increasingly popular in the West. Try this easy-to-prepare recipe, which complements both fish and poultry dishes.
• 1 lb fresh sliced shiitake mushrooms
• 3 TBS low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
• 2 cloves garlic, chopped
• 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
• salt and pepper to taste
• Optional: 2 TBS each of fresh rosemary, oregano or feta cheese
1. Chop garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to enhance its health-promoting properties.
2. Remove stems from mushrooms and slice.
3. Heat broth in a stainless steel skillet. When broth begins to steam, add mushrooms and Healthy Sauté, covered, for 3 minutes.
4. Remove skillet cover and let mushrooms cook for 4 more minutes.
5. Toss with olive oil and season with salt and pepper and whatever optional ingredients desired. This recipe can be served as a side dish or over fish or poultry.
GARDENS WATER LEISURE S,L
Address: (Pol.Ind.Oriola) Ptda. Fererreta S/N, Nave 1, Puerta A y C, 43870, Amposta, Tarragona, Spain
Mobile: 604 124 469 Tel: 977 053 837 Fax: 977 053 837 Email: email@example.com
Asian Vegetable Cultivator and Wholesaler
Healthtrain - Asian Vegetable Cultivator and Wholesaler